Protect the Probes
Always holster your probe (see image to the right)
- Each probe is about $10,000 and has dozens of fragile crystals
- When the probe hits the ground it can dislodge one of fragile crystals and forever ruin the image quality
- Never leave the probe dangling from the machine
- Never leave the probe resting unsecured on the bed or table top
Clean after every use
- Turn off the ultrasound
- Wipe down the probes and buttons on the console with Hydrogen Peroxide wipes (green top bottle) or alcohol based sanitizing solution (hand sanitizer)
Don’t Touch the Screen
- Never use bleach or hydrogen peroxide wipes on the screen
- When needed you can wipe the screen, use a cloth towel mildly dampened with water or alcohol prep pads
C. Diff Isolation
- Use bleach wipes (blue top bottle) to clean the probes after leaving a C Diff isolation room.
- DO NOT use the bleach wipes on the console, keyboard or screen because this will corrosion of the device.